Top 10 Fall Festivals in the Charlotte area
With only 3 more weekends left in October, it's time to get your "Fall On" if you haven't already. One way is by getting those iconic photos of your children sitting among a field of pumpkins. It is a seasonal rite. Plus it's very cute. I have tried to take those pumpkin photos of my children every Fall, some times we only make it to the roadside pumpkin stand though! If you want to make a big event out of your pumpkin patch outing, we have found ten area pumpkin patches you may want to consider as your destination. Most of these locales have more than just a big pumpkin patch. There are playgrounds, hay rides, corn mazes, pony rides, bonfires and one even has a zip line! Pumpkin Patches have become more than just a fun place to get a pumpkin. They are THE thing to do during October.
Here's our list:
1 - Indian Trail Wise Acres. 4701 Hartis Road, Indian Trail. Enjoy hay rides, corn maze, giant corn pit, playgrounds, zip lines, swings and animal visits! Cost: $3 hay ride, $2 barrel train and corn pit. Hours: Thurs - Sunday 10 am - 7pm until November 5th.
2 - Aw Shucks! 3718 Pyler Mill Road, Monroe. This place is amazing. It was actually featured on Animal Planet too. So much to do here. Enjoy a kids play area, spooky stries, s'mores, bonfires, animal barn, an 1800's train car, pumpkin market, General Store, 1950's Soda Shop, Corn Maze and much more! Cost: $8-$10, plus extra fees for certain activities and events. Hours: October Only - Fridays 6pm - 11pm and Saturdays 11am - 11pm; November Only - Fridays by reservation and Saturdays 11am - 10pm; Sundays 1pm - 6pm
3. Hall Family Farm. 10713 Providence Road West, Ballantyne Area. Enjoy kids activities (FREE), corn maze, pumpkin picking, and musical hay ride. Don't miss the brand new Jurassic Corn Maze. Cost: corn maze and hay rides $3.25 - $10. Hours: Friday and Saturday 9am - 10pm and Sunday - Thursday 9am - 6pm through October 31st.
4. The Hunter Farm. 13624 Providence Road, Matthews. Featuring various food trucks each Saturday in October, enjoy pumpkin picking, petting barn and hay rides. Cost: $9 - Children, $10 - Adults, Children under 2 and their grandparents ride for free, 10% discount for Military, Fire Fighters, Public Safety Officers, a 3-5 lb pumpkin included. Hours: Open 7 days a week - September 23 - October 31, Weekends only - November 4,5,6 and 11,12,1, Weekdays: 1pm - 7pm (morning riders accommodated on a space available basis), Saturdays: 9am - 7pm, Sundays: 12 noon - 7pm
5. Hodges Farm Pumpkin Patch. 3900 Rocky River Road East, Charlotte. Enjoy hay and pony rides, pumpkin picking, farm animals, hay maze and mountain. Cost: Free admission. Hay rides $5 per person ages 4 and older. Hours: Open seven days a week, 9am - dusk through Oct. 31st.
6. Lewis Farm Fall Festival. 330 Lewis Rd, Gastonia. Enjoy hay and pony rides, corn maze, pumpkin picking, hay-bale mountain and slide. Cost: $5 plus tax; $5 pony rides. $2 - $20 pumpkins. Hours: Oct. 1-30; Saturday, 10am-4pm; and Sunday, 1-6pm.
7. Fall Frolic Weekends on the Greenway. Anne Spring Close Greenway, 1604 US Hwy 21, Fort Mill, SC. Enjoy a Wagon Ride to Pumpkin Patch (pumpkins are priced by size), the Four acre Corn Maze, Hay Bale Mazes, Pedal Carts, Farm Animals, the Corn Crib (dig in the corn!), Corn Hole Gamesand the Cow Train. Cost: $10 per adult (Greenway Members), $12 per adult (Non-Members), $6 for Seniors & Active Military Personnel, Ages 4 & Under Free, Parking: $5 per car (Special Event Parking Pass is Valid at Fall Frolic). Hours: Saturdays 10am - 6pm and Sundays 1pm - 6pm, until October 31st.
8. Rural Hill Amazing Maize Maze. 4431 Neck Road, Huntersville. On October 22nd 11am - 2pm they have their annual Halloween Party - full of costume contests, Halloween themed entertainment including music, games, and relays, balloon twisters, face painter, bounce house, Springfree Trampoline, a magician on-site & local craft vendors! The Maze will be going on through November 6th. Hours: Day Maze Hours: Through Nov. 6 Saturday - Sunday 10am - 5pm, Night Maze Hours: Oct. 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, 29 and Nov. 4th and 5th.
9. Bush-N-Vine Farm Corn Maze Fall Farm Fun. 1650 Filbert Hwy., York, SC. Pick your own pumpkin, live music, hay rides, barbecue and bounce house for the kids. Cost: Free on Weekends. Hours: Each Saturday in October.
10. Lazy 5 Ranch Fall Festival. 15100 Mooresville Rd, Mooresville. Aside from the "drive-thru" zoo that occurs all year long, this festival also has - Straw Castle, Corn Box, Pumpkin Slingshot, Pumpkin Patch, Kettle Corn*, Apple Butter*, Marshmallow Roasting*, Fall Decorations, Pumpkin Painting and much more! *Only on Saturday & Sundays. Cost: $8 - $11. Hours: Mon - Sat. 9am - dusk and Sundays 1pm - dusk through October 31st.